If your PPC campaign is not exactly gold standard, how many mistakes do you think you might be making? There is a post by IgorMord at SEOmoz which lists as many as 17 mistakes that are common in PPC campaigns. Now, the interesting part is he says taht with fixing of each mistake you can earn upto 70% revenue or save thousands of dollars every month.
There is the customary mention about long term keyword and fraud detection among others. However, enough useful and easily ignored points are also mentioned in the post. For example, the number one post in paid search results is not completely desirable. In fact, number 3 is found to be the optimal space. Other relevant points are:
- Geo-targeting makes the browsers associate better and heightens CTR.
- It's not advisable to display your telephone number in the ads as not many call.
- Prevent your affiliates from advertising in your brand name as they are capitalising on your value.
- Makes the ad copy seasonally relevant. Offer discounts for holidays, spring, summmer etc.
- Integrate your PPC campaign with your web analytics software for accurate tracking.