In a recent test, Stone Temple Consulting put 7 Web analytics vendors to the test. Their softwares was employed at the same time over different sites.
Tested vendors included Clicktracks, Google Analytics, IndexTools, Omniture SiteCatalyst, Unica Affinium NetInsight, WebSideStory HBX Analytics and WebTrends.
The objectives of the research was very basic as is mentioned below.
"The 2007 Analytics Shoot Out is targeted at evaluating the performance, accuracy, and capabilities of 7 different analytics packages as implemented across 4 different sites. The goals of the project are as follows:
1. Evaluate ease of implementation
2. Evaluate ease of use
3. Understand the basic capabilities of each package
4. Solve specific problems on each web site
5. Discover the unique strengths of each package
6. Discover the unique weaknesses of each package
7. Learn about the structural technology elements of each package that affect its capabilities
8. Learn how to better match a customer's needs to the right analytics package"
The interim results have been announced. The Final results will be announced in July.