With a much noise spread by MSN Adcenter in the recent days, now it seems to be Yahoo!'s turn to beat the drums in the search engine market with its new offerings for the search engine users. On wednesday Yahoo! announced an offer for the users that said it has some lucrative offer for the ones who would prefer Yahoo! as their primary search engine. This particular survey was done on the basis of random sampling that represented nearly 5% of its Yahoo! Main users.
The team at Yahoo! says that it would offer rewards to the ones who would make Yahoo! search as one the most used search engines of the month.You can get a free access to the program once you make Yahoo! search as your prime search engine. For direct access you would have to directly log in or use a search box which designed for the program specially.
As reported, Yahoo! has offered following rewards:
• No Yahoo Mail ads.
• Unlimited Yahoo Mail storage, versus the one gigabyte now provided for free.
• Outlook Access to Yahoo Mail. Users could use Outlook or Outlook Express to manage their Yahoo Mail as well as download and read it while offline. This is not currently offered.
• Five free music downloads a month for playing on a PC or portable MP3 player.
• Discounted music subscriptions. Users would pay nothing for the first month of unlimited access to Yahoo Music Unlimited and $3.99 a month thereafter, rather than $6.99 a month for unlimited access.
• Donations to charity. Yahoo would give a percentage of revenues generated from user searches to nonprofit organizations of the users' choice.
• PC-to-phone calling credit. Users could receive $5 in calling credit per month for PC-to-phone calls over Yahoo Messenger with Voice, which costs 15 cents a minute.
• Netflix discount. Users could receive one month free Netflix DVD rentals and pay $10.99 thereafter, rather than $17.99 a month.
• Discounted Yahoo Personals subscription. Users could receive the first month free for joining Yahoo Personals and pay $19.95 thereafter, compared to the current cost of $24.95 a month.
• Frequent flyer miles. Users could earn 250 frequent flyer miles each month that could be transferred to most major airline mileage programs.
In the added statements Yahoo! reprensentatives said that they do not confirm how serious Yahoo! proves to be in terms of offering incentives to the search users.