"Okay, two more videos ready for you:" Session 9 and Session 10," says Matt Cutts. Here is what he has to say about the videos.
Session 9: All about datacenters (and find out about werewolves vs. unicorns!)
- Can you tell us a little bit about Google datacenters?
- Should all datacenters on the same Class C block be roughly the same?
In the middle of that session, I talked about the frustration that modern data center watchers will encounter these days (because there are often slightly different things at different places) and I mentioned a slide from Boston Pubcon. Here’s the slide I was talking about:
Can you imagine trying to monitor that, especially when the same IP address can query different data centers for different people? It wouldn’t be my preferred hobby.
Session 10: Lightning Round!
- Is it possible to search just for home pages?
- News Flash: you can use strong and em instead of bold (b) and italics (i) !
- Will we ever see kitty posts again?
- What are Google SSD, Google RS2, and all those other things Tony Ruscoe found?
- Does Google rank blog sites any differently than regular websites?
- Does Google treat .gov.pl links with the same weight as regular .gov links?
And I have to say, I’m kinda tired of talking to a video camera. So I’ll probably take a break from videos for at least a few days.