Google, Bing and Yahoo! Have announced their coming together to with schema.org which is for the webmasters to help search engines their websites better. This in turn can be done by adding the markup to the websites' pages.
Here are some of the relevant details:
- New Types of Markups – More than 100 have been added. A few of the popular ones are:
- Embedded non-text objects: AudioObject, ImageObject, VideoObject
- Place, LocalBusiness, Restaurant
- Product, Offer, AggregateOffer
- Review, AggregateRating
2. Microdata Being Used – This is format used. To know more check out the Getting Started guide.
3. The existing rich snippet markup format will still be supported.
4. The Testing Tool – To check the accuracy of data parsing, rich snippets testing tool.
Still more can be found at Rich Snippets schema.org FAQ.