But why did Bing decide to set up a deals site?
Well, Bing has said that a comScore data reveals a 24% growth in the deals audience last year, while a recent Bing/Impulse survey shows 61% of people to have become more dependent on daily deals in the last six months. But an overabundance of deals is getting these people exposed to irrelevant deals, thus finding a proper deal a painful experience. Nevertheless, 87% of people have told Bing, as per the latter's claim, that they will be more dependent on deals provided they can find a one-stop source of all relevant deals.
Bing claims to have tried to address this need of daily deals sites users by setting up this new deals site.
Bing has said that it has gathered deals from prominent providers and retailers to ensure that the target users can locate all the best deals in one central location, instead of wading through a crowd of deal sites. Bing has also promised the rolling out of more money saving features in the coming weeks.
The key features -
- One-Stop Shop- It represents an aggregation of more than 200,000 deals cutting across the USA, which also include local deals. This helps the user to compare the various deals and identify the best one.
- Browse for the Best Deals- Bing has tried to organize the deals in a manner that irrelevant deals do not come in the way. The user is able to browse the deals on the basis of retailer, location, keywords or category, or can simply have a look at the best deals of the day.
- Visual Search Results- Steps have been taken to make the deal search results visually organized on the screen, so that the user can easily browse through the options and identify the deal most appropriate for him.
- Daily Deals- Just one click will expose the user to the best deals in his area, entailing significant savings.
- More Deals on the Go- Availing Bing Mobile Deals at m.bing.com will make the user benefit from those same deals which are accessible on the PC as well.
Bing's decision to set up this deals site comes close on the heels of some other additions/changes/makeovers, such as going for a homepage makeover or incorporating "Action Buttons" to book flights/hotels and rent cars.