Bing came up with few updates to its interface. Unlike Google, rather than sharing surface-level information about dozen of changes last year, Bing chose to go fairly in-depth on three changes along with the corrections.
Here’s a look at what Bing mainly focused on:
- The first was correctly identifying the URLs that Bing can correct. For example, searchers that misspell Facebook’s domain name as Bingc.om (and other similar errors) are now getting the correct top result – Bing’s home page.
- The second effort involved expanding Bing's ability to model the types of errors that users make based on how they use Bing. By recognizing patterns in billions of logs, the company will be able to fix common spelling errors in URLs
- The third effort was analyzed billions of sessions to find patterns so that users looking for sites like “swair.com” would eventually end up on the intended site “southwest.com”.
The major improvement in the Bing search update are Domain Cleanup, Recourse Links and Related Searches.
- Removing Superfluous Recourse Links
- Improved Related Searches
- Improved URL Handling
By doing so, Bing has improved its relevance scoring for related searches to keep them on-topic.Bing May Search Updates!,