It was the last day at Pubcon but excitement level was still high. The day 3 began with the usual address by Brett Tabke and was followed by the Keynote by Scott Stratten.
Here's the detailed overview of Day 3 at Pubcon Las Vegas, 2013:
Counted amongst top 5 social media influencers in the world and named as one of the "America's 10 Marketing Gurus", when Scott Stratten took over the stage, everybody was eager to have a piece of his mind. Scott shared the data of Noooo button site and talked about unmarketing the logo. The keynote address also had discussion on "What customers remember about a company?","Marketers screwing up QR codes", and "Why to dig into headline data".
- Speaker: Scott Stratten
Projecting link building as an organic and strategic effort was the aim of the session. The speakers talked about tactics being used by top link builders to increase the popularity of websites that too with quality inbound links. It was an eye opening session to latest tools and gaining easy backlinks that are worth preserving.
- Greg Hartnett
- Russ Jones – Chief Technology Officer, Virante, Inc.
- Dixon Jones – Marketing Director, Majestic SEO
- Rhea Drysdale – CEO, Outspoken Media
Link building is one of the most important and complicated parts of an SEO campaign. Google updates have made the process far more complicated. The experts in this session looked at the best of the ways to get links, which are high quality, relevant, organic, and permanent.
- Greg Boser
- Loren Baker – VP of Business Development, Copyblogger Media
- Jennifer Vaniderstyne – Sales & Marketing Manager, Internet Marketing Ninjas
- Kenny Hyder – Founder, Hyder Media
Online competitive research can play a determinable role in defining the marketing strategies of a company. You get to learn a lot about your competitors and the industry with a competitive analysis. The panel of experts discussed the relevance of competitive analysis & the social media tools and tactics that must be used.
- Joe Larato
- Matt Siltala – President, Avalaunch Media
- Elisabeth Osmeloski – Executive Features Editor, Search Engine Land
- Jacob Hagemann – Founder, Hoosh Technology, SA
For Google, negative SEO is a crime. The session discussed negative SEO that is not appreciated by Google and how webmasters can protect their sites from the negative tactics of the competitors.
- Aaron Kronis
- Jonathan Goodman – President, Halyard Consulting
- Joe Laratro – President, Tandem Interactive
- Dwight Zahringer – CEO, Trademark Productions / TruReview.com