Can the anchor test used to link to your content negatively affect the rankings of it? Previously, we thought it can either affect positively or none at all. But Aaron Wall says that Google scrapes search results to see which content has exactly same anchor text, implying that the links are not natural.
In addition if you have intense occurence of the same keywords in your title/metas and content, then your site might be considered spammy. Aaron advises to:
- Write natural, useful content
- Change your page titles occasionally
- Go for a modular site so you can easily make changes
- Get editorial deep links for internal pages
- Participate in online communities and change in tune with trends