The official Google Webmaster Central Blog says within 6 weeks, an overall overhauled Webmaster central Ã¢â‚¬â€œ both its Content and Organization will be unveiled.
On June 5, Google Webmaster Central blog announced its plans to restructure Webmaster Tools help and on the next day, it released new Webmaster guidelines like hidden text or hidden links, cloaking or sneaky redirects and automated queries to Google, to name a few.
Complaints and suggestions from webmasters and user for what they would expect in the latest Webmaster Tools Help Center include:
- "It's not as easy as it should be to find the information you're looking for. You'd like Google to do a better job of surfacing the answers to the most common questions.
- The browse structure doesn't make it easy for users to find help, and sometimes search depends on users knowing exactly the right term to search for.
- You like the idea of context-sensitive help – on-the-spot assistance (often shown in a tooltip that appears when you hover over an item) that doesn't require you to click to a different Help page.
- Right now, it's not clear when new Help information – or new features – are added, and you'd like Google to look at calling these out.
You want Help to be more useful:
- You'd like Google to look at adding videos and graphics
- You'd like us to providing the kind of information that's relevant to the average webmaster, who may not have a deep knowledge of SEO techniques. You're looking for good and understandable answers to common questions.
- You'd like us to expand the actual content, and do a much better job in explaining potential reasons why sites may have dropped the rankings."
Some of our personal feedback include:
- If Google Webmaster Central can show the status of crawl of sitemap in the dashboard. Basically date when Google last crawled sitemap.xml, this will be handy for webmasters who have more than one site in Google Webmaster Tools.
- Regular mail to be sent if some error occur in the xml file will be helpful as not all the Webmasters login to check the Webmaster Tools daily.
- Also some way of integrating it with Google Analytics will really be helpful.