Facebook and Instagram have together announced a video on Instagram for Android and iPhone that will let users record and share 15 seconds mobile video.
Kevin Systrom, the co-founder of Instagram during the launch said that video is a complex thing and it should be good enough or say perfect to be on Instagram. And because of the quest for perfection, video wasn't included in the original launch of Instagram. From Day 1 the team wanted Instagram to be the best in terms of beauty, simplicity, and speed.
The core principle remains the same but the team size of Instagram has increased three times in a year. The improved team strength has helped Instagram offer video functionality to mobile users with following features:
- Recording 15 seconds video, clip by clip
- Anti-shake feature that stabilizes "cinema", the mobile video
- 13 new visual filters, exclusively for the video
- Editing the clips or re-record them
- Selecting a cover fame for the video thumbnail from the clip
- Sharing the video on Facebook and Instagram web profile
Till date, over 16 billion photos have been shared on Instagram. It receives 1 billion likes each day and 130 million users every month.
Systrom further added that it is the community which makes Instagram different. The new video application will allow the new community to create even more beautiful content.Facebook Adding 15 Seconds Video to its Photo Sharing Application Instagram!,