Just a few days after announcing a streamlined look for Facebook pages, the social media giant has made an attempt to take the covers off on some of the most frequently asked questions by page administrators with a post on the Facebook for Business page. The post unfolds how the updated timeline design, easier access to admin tools and the introduction of Pages to Watch is going to influence the users.
The top five questions and the website's response to them are mentioned below:
- What Information Will Appear on the Left Side Column of My Page?: This may vary from business to business. For businesses with traditional brick and mortar location, the left column will display maps, phone numbers, business hours, likes, visits, applications, photos, videos , reviews, other pages liked by the page and related information. For online businesses, the column will show likes, information about the business, apps, photos, videos, posts to page, and other pages liked by the page. Facebook is soon rolling out an update by which page admins can set preferences for the order in which they want these sections to appear in the column.
- Where Will My Apps Appear?: Apps will appear either in the left column or the top navigation menu. Similar to the left hand column, admins can also set their preference for the order in which they want their apps to appear.
- Where Can I View Messages: Messages can be viewed either in the Activity tab at the top of the page or in the “This Week” section in the right hand side of the page.
- Will Other Pages Know I Have Added them to My Pages to Watch List: Whenever a page is added to another page's Watch List, admins will receive a notification. The notification, however, will not specify the name of the page that added it.
- When Will I Have Access to the Updated Design for Pages: Facebook confirmed that the streamlined design has been updated to a specific set of advertisers as for now and will be rolled out to others in the next few weeks.