Facebook has updated its guidelines for promotions on the social network with the most prominent change being removing the need of promotions to be administered via applications.
The Facebook for Business page has explained the updated guidelines in detail:
“We’ve removed the requirement that promotions on Facebook only be administered through apps
Now, promotions may be administered on Page Timelines and in apps on Facebook. For example, businesses can now:
- Collect entries by having users post on the Page or comment/like a Page post
- Collect entries by having users message the Page
- Utilize likes as a voting mechanism
As before, however, businesses cannot administer promotions on personal Timelines.
Accurate tagging is required in promotions
In order to maintain the accuracy of Page content, our Pages Terms now prohibit Pages from tagging or encouraging people to tag themselves in content that they are not actually depicted in. So, for instance:
- It’s OK to ask people to submit names of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize
- It’s not OK to ask people tag themselves in pictures of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize”
With the update, Facebook is expecting more businesses to use the platform for their promotions. You can get more information about the promotion policies by checking out the promotion guidelines.Facebook Removes the Need of Third-Party Apps to Create Facebook Promotions!,