Yahoo! has made it easier to find photos from Flickr, available for re-use or re-posting under Creative Commons terms. Users will be able to find, filter and share photos on the web and mobile devices.
The way it works:
- Search for any query on Yahoo! Image Search.
- Select the ‘Labeled for Reuse’ filter on the left rail to see the photos that you are allowed to reuse.
- Hover over the thumbnail for the details about the photo.
- Click a thumbnail can view the full image and click the attribution link to see the specific Creative Commons license terms for the image.
- Click ‘i’ to see the photographer’s rest of the photostream.
- Share any of the photos you like.
Sharing the photos will certainly be more delightful for the users now. However, if you think that this feature of Yahoo! is something really novel, it is not. Yahoo! did have Flickr photos in 2007 and creative commons filters in 2009. But they did away with it when they switched to Bing powered search results. Now they have restored the feature.Now Filter Flickr Images with Yahoo! Image Search!,