This September SocialShare report concludes that the usage of social media buttons is an enormous social marketing opportunity but only less than half of the 10000 top websites employ this process.
As said by Jim Yu, CEO of BrightEdge, “It’s clear that social sharing buttons can drive real social traffic that will inevitably drive sales, brand awareness or even affinity but it’s also clear that many brands are not taking advantage of this simple, cost free tool.”
According to the report, there was a slight increase in the installation of social widgets or buttons on the front page, from 52.8% in July to 53.6% in August.
The report also concluded;
- 50.3% added a Facebook Recommend or Like button.
- 42.5% added a Twitter button.
- 8.1% added a Google +1 button.
- 4% added a LinkedIn Share button.
Adding a social networking button on the homepage will increase the number of visitors on the homepage which will increase your brand awareness as well as sales. As per Ryan Sarver, Director of Platform at Twitter said, “These are simple, free tools that can drive real ROI for any site.”
Last year Exact Target conducted a research on consumers who follow brands on Twitter. The study derived;
- 72% publish blog posts at least once a month.
- 70% comment on others' blog.
- 61% write at least one product review a month.
- 61% comment on news sites.
- 56% publish articles for third-party sites.
- 53% post videos online.
- 50% contributes to wiki sites.
- 48% share deals found through coupon forums.