Google has released their web spam report for 2016. Here are some insights from the report:
- Number of hacked sites increased by 32% as compared to 2015.
- Manual action taken on more than 10,000 websites not meeting the quality guidelines.
- Over 180,000 user submitted spam reports were received.
- Out of 180,000, 52% of these sites were considered spam.
- More than 9 million messages messages were sent to webmasters to notify the web spam issues.
- Google conducted more than 170 hours of online office hours and live events around the world to audiences totaling over 150,000 website owners, webmaster and digital marketers.
- Over 67,000 questions were asked through Webmaster Help Forums.
Google also said that Penguin algorithm was made real-time.Google Sent 9M Webspam Messages in 2016!,