Google’s journey of gigantic earnings continues unabated in the second quarter of 2012 as well. The company has announced in a press release that its revenues topped $10 billion for the third quarter consecutively. The earning in Q2 2012 is $12.21 billion which is a healthy 15% higher than the $10.65 billion earned in Q1 2012. As compared to Q2 2011, revenue earned by the search engine giant has seen a dashing 35 percent increase.
Quoting Google on their earning details:
- “Google Revenues (advertising and other) - Google revenues were $10.96 billion, or 90% of consolidated revenues, in the second quarter of 2012, representing a 21% increase over second quarter 2011 revenues of $9.03 billion.
- Google Sites Revenues - Google-owned sites generated revenues of $7.54 billion, or 69% of Google revenues, in the second quarter of 2012. This represents a 21% increase over second quarter 2011 Google sites revenues of $6.23 billion.
- Google Network Revenues - Google’s partner sites generated revenues of $2.98 billion, or 27% of Google revenues, in the second quarter of 2012. This represents a 20% increase from second quarter 2011 Google network revenues of $2.48 billion.
- Google International Revenues - Google revenues from outside of the United States totaled $5.96 billion, representing 54% of Google revenues in the second quarter of 2012, compared to 54% in the first quarter of 2012 and 54% in the second quarter of 2011. Google revenues from the United Kingdom totaled $1.18 billion, representing 11% of Google revenues in the second quarter of 2012, compared to 11% in the second quarter of 2011.
- Paid Clicks - Aggregate paid clicks, which include clicks related to ads served on Google sites and the sites of our Network members, increased approximately 42% over the second quarter of 2011 and increased approximately 1% over the first quarter of 2012.
- Cost-Per-Click - Average cost-per-click, which includes clicks related to ads served on Google sites and the sites of our Network members, decreased approximately 16% over the second quarter of 2011 and increased approximately 1% over the first quarter of 2012.
- Cash - As of June 30, 2012, cash, cash equivalents, and short-term marketable securities were $43.1 billion.
- Headcount - On a worldwide basis, we employed 54,604 full-time employees (34,311 in our Google business and 20,293 in our Motorola business) as of June 30, 2012, compared to 33,077 full-time employees as of March 31, 2012.”
Google’s CEO and co-founder Larry Page has commented on closed Motorola acquisition and has said “This quarter is also special because Motorola is now part of the Google family, and we’re excited about the potential to build great devices for users.”
If you want to know how Google made its money in 2011, we have an interesting infographic to share.Google Announces a 35% Growth and $12.2 Billion Earnings in Q2 2012!,