Keeping with their motto of organizing the world's information and making it universally accessible and useful, Google announces that Google Apps is now global.
As most of the internet users are not necessarily English-speaking Google has introduced a number of updates for Google Apps, our customizable package of hosted communication and collaboration applications for businesses, schools, and other organizations. Several features and components previously available only to English users and administrators of Google Apps are now available in other languages like French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Turkish, Polish, Ukrainian, Czech, Russian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai, Vietnamese, Arabic, Hebrew, Indonesian, Hungarian, UK English and US English.
Given below are whats new for non-English speakers:
- Google Apps Premier Edition for companies and organizations needing an uptime guarantee for email service, 10 gigabytes of email storage per user, integration APIs and multi-lingual telephone support for critical issues (support experts are available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Dutch). Also, for a limited time, you can try Premier Edition for free for 30 days.
- Google Apps Partner Edition for ISPs and portals that want to offer Gmail and other applications to their subscribers.
- Google Docs & Spreadsheets, which lets Google Apps users create and collaborate in real time, right from their browsers.
- The Start Page, a central place for Google Apps users to preview their inboxes, calendars and documents, access their organizations' essential content, and search the web.
- A more user-friendly control panel interface for Google Apps administrators.
- Mail migration tools for administrators who want to switch from a different email system (available with Premier and Education Editions only.)