In March Google announced advertisers can beta sign up for AdWords scripts for MCC. Following a 2 months beta period, it has finally made it available to all the users worldwide. This means you can save a lot of your time while managing your AdWords account now. Advertisers can apply changes to up to 50 accounts simultaneously. Previously, they had to separately run a script on each account in the MCC. But now all they have to do is write one script that iterates over all accounts.
Google explains in the Ads Developer blog how you can save time with MCC scripts:
- High quality cross-account reports: Developers can generate well formatted custom reports in HTML, PDF or Google Spreadsheets for all of their client accounts. They can save these reports to Google Drive, to an external server, or include them as an email attachment.
- Cross-account optimization: You can also analyze performance and adjust bids in all your client accounts at scale.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance tools: Moreover, you can scan your client accounts for potential issues like paused campaigns, broken URLs, capped budgets, conflicting negative keywords, etc.
To get started with MCC scripts:
- Log in to your AdWords account
- Navigate to My Client Center
- Select Scripts from the left hand column
- Create new script
Google has put together several resources to help you get started with the MCC scripts. You can use the Getting Started Guide to get an overview of the MCC scripts and how to use them and the Reference Docs for technical reference to MCC. You can also refer to the Code Snippets Page to view a list of code snippets for the most common use cases in AdWords scripts. Besides these, you can browse through the Solutions section to view solutions tailored for MCC.Google Brings AdWords MCC Scripts Out of Beta, Ready to Use by All Advertisers!,