Google's search quality team are looking to recruit Search Quality Associates for their Dublin, Ireland office.
As a Search Quality Associate, you will basically be responsible for fighting the web spam and your key duties will include:
- “Review assigned sites for quality and content.
- Improve the quality of Google’s search results by evaluating websites to identify areas of concern and interest.
- Cooperate with engineering teams to improve our search quality.
- Develop and share practices for search quality investigation and analysis.
- Investigate and analyze search quality issues in Google’s European indexes.”
Apart from possessing relevant work experience in an internet company, other required foremost qualifications and personal attributes include, a BA/BS Degree, with a strong academic record. You will also have to be fluent in one or more than one of the following languages: Arabic, German, Russian and Spanish.
You will need to have exceptional analytical and web research skills and the understanding of various internet infrastructure, Firewalls, IP addresses etc. Meanwhile, if you have knowledge of name servers, scripting and programming it will be an added plus.
All in all, “looking at a site’s source code should not scare you.”