Google, Facebook Rule Online Ad Revenue in Asia!

Jul 19, 2013 | 2,019 views | by Navneet Kaushal
VN:F [1.9.20_1166]
Rating: 5.0/5 (2 votes cast)

Google and Facebook combine to make more than half (60%) of the online advertising spend in Asia. This is suggested by a report of the Economist that describes marketing in Asia a complex task given its sheer size and diversity. Moreover, the competition for online advertising space is also stiff.

goog face Google, Facebook Rule Online Ad Revenue in Asia!

Small size of individual markets in Asia compounds the market. In Malaysia and Thailand, share of online advertising is just 1%, while in India it is slightly higher at 7%. Of the $410 million spent online for advertising, Google and Facebook account for 60%. Other online players together take remaining 40%. Massive user base of Google and Facebook help them a lion’s share of online ads. 

Asian online advertising market has witnessed massive increase in recent years. Mobile advertising, in particular, is growing at much higher rate and more brands are focusing on mobile with well thought out strategies. Pros predict online advertising in Asia to grow from 24% of worldwide online advertising in 2010 to 26% by 2015. The continent will share one-third of the mobile advertising market worldwide by the same year.

India’s contribution is big in online advertising expenditure in Asia. Around Rs 22.6 billion in March 2013, it is expected to jump to Rs 29.38 billion by 2014 in the country. Mobile advertising, on the other hand, is projected to reach Rs 2.5 billion in 2013, growing at 40% year-on-year. Global online advertising revenue was pegged at $99 billion in 2012, expected to climb at 15% to $113.5 billion in 2013. Mobile advertising spend, which was $6.4 billion in 2012, is expected to reach $9.7 billion in 2013.

Google, Facebook Rule Online Ad Revenue in Asia!, 5.0 out of 5 based on 2 ratings
4.thumbnail Google, Facebook Rule Online Ad Revenue in Asia!

Navneet Kaushal

Navneet Kaushal is the founder and CEO of PageTraffic, an SEO Agency in India with offices in Chicago, Mumbai and London. A leading search strategist, Navneet helps clients maintain an edge in search engines and the online media. Navneet's expertise has established PageTraffic as one of the most awarded and successful search marketing agencies.
4.thumbnail Google, Facebook Rule Online Ad Revenue in Asia!
4.thumbnail Google, Facebook Rule Online Ad Revenue in Asia!