- How do you keep up with what's going on?
- Do you use the Google Groups UI?
- Do you use our RSS feeds to follow threads?
- How do you decide which threads to read?
- Do you stop by a couple times a day, or are you constantly following new posts as they come in?
The response was a mix, mostly interesting. Some of which are:
- Sorry to be negative, but the search here sucks – I generally have to view my profile to find threads I posted to. I'm reluctant to start adding feeds to my reader in order to keep up. I wouldn't mind getting an alert when a thread is updated (if I can specify on a thread-by-thread basis only).
- I scan down the page for items without a response – there is usually a reason – either the question is one we don't have a standard answer for (I like them) or more likely, the person hasn't put the question in a way that is clear – so I'll often prompt them a bit and try and get the ball rolling.
- Seems like a common theme here seems to be that the UI is seriously flawed – particularly for keeping track of threads you've commented on and have received replies – sure, you can do that with the 'email replies to me' option – but if you're replying to lots of theads, the 'more options' -> 'email me replies' little hidden facility is a bit of a dog leg with each thread – I seriously think that there should be a more visible way to enable these emails – like perhaps a button?
For the entire interesting blog, read How to become a Webmaster Help superstar.