Besides, Manoj Jasra has some pointers on setting up an A/B Test:
- Select one element on a landing page or conversion page and focus your testing on that element Determine how many different versions of that element you'd like to test.
- Analytics is very important because you need to be able to track the number of page views to each 'version' as well as the amount of conversions each 'version' delivered.
- Create a dashboard for yourself comparing the performance of the different 'versions.'
- Run the test long enough so that you have ample data to make a decision on which 'version' to go with.
- Repeat the A/B test process because there is always room for improvement.
Click for more on Jasra and A/B Testing read Google Using A/B Testing with Gmail Sign-ups.