An year after the launch of Dynamic Remarketing campaign, which allowed creating customized ads to reconnect with customers, Google today announced deeper remarketing integration between AdWords and Google Analytics.
Google confirmed in a blog post that it is integrating the Dynamic Remarketing Display Campaigns with Google Analytics. According to the blog post, a single set of tags can now power both Google Analytics and Dynamic Remarketing on the Google Display Network using the Google Merchant Center. Now, retailers can have access to detailed product level reporting and more power and precision for their remarketing campaigns. This means audience targeting can be much more finely tuned to on-site behavior with the integration.
The development came in the backdrop of great responses and feedback obtained from advertisers in the beta period. Janina Rix, SEA Manager, tirendo.de said,
"We've been thrilled with the performance of Dynamic Remarketing with Google Analytics and Conversion Optimizer, which has so far driven a 203% increase in conversions and 100% increase in conversion rates vs. our display average. Combined with Google Analytics' powerful reporting on these same metrics, we've been able to derive actionable insights which we've put to good use throughout our other campaigns."
Here's a guide to the new set up:
- Create one or more remarketing lists using Google Analytics
- Update your tags to track Product ID, Cart Value, and Page Type as custom variables or dimensions.
- Enable the Dynamic Link in Admin > Property > Dynamic Attributes. This will let Google Analytics send attributes to your AdWords account.
- Create a Dynamic Remarketing Display campaign in AdWords
- Google Launches AdWords Dynamic Retargeting for Retailers!
- Remarketing and Retargeting: The new Behavioral Ads: SMX East New York 2011, Day 3!
- Top 5 Digital Marketing Trends of 2014!