Google has launched a new tool Building Maker, which will compliment with Google Earth and Maps products. This online tool will help users in creating 3D model renderings of building structures on Google Earth.
The Latlong blog of Google explains that Building Maker tools is a cross between gigantic bin of building blocks and Google Maps. Users can easily build and construct a model of it by using aerial photos and 3D shapes provided by Google. When you are finished with it, Google Earth team will examine the 3D model and if they approve it, they will add the model to the 3D building layers in Google Earth.
Google Building Maker is available in 14 languages and that too for free. Here are some important facts about the tool:
- This online tool will entirely run in your web browser including Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and more.
- Before adding a building to Google Earth, you have to sign in to your Google Account to get credit for your contribution.
- You will create “live” models with the Building Maker in the Google 3D warehouse.
- If you use Mac, you will have to download the Google Earth plug-in directly.
- You should have the latest version of Google Earth.
The fun part of Building Maker Tool is that Google will the the 3D buildings you will create to the real cities on the Google Earth. At present, 50 cities will be available for creating 3D buildings and Google will soon be adding more cities to the list.