Google has announced the beta release of AdWords Review Extensions that will let advertisers to include blurbs of their third-party reviews in search ads. For local businesses and advertisers who don't have access to seller rating extensions, the release will prove to be extremely helpful in adding a validation to their ads.
Here is the new look of the search ads:
Some facts about AdWords Review Extensions:
- The review snippets can be direct quote or a summary of a review. You will have to take the permission from the source publication before using the review.
- The publication name will have a link to the publisher's website. Advertisers have the flexibility to direct visitors to the destination URL that contains the review.
- Advertisers are not charged for the number of clicks on links directed to publisher sites.
- The character limit on Review Extensions is 67, which includes the name of the publication.
- To prevent scamming and spamming, Google will ensure that each review is coming from a reputable third party source. Google will also be using automated and human based systems for validating the review extensions.
If you want to participate in the beta release, contact your AdWords representative. Google has not provided any sign-up form and has said that it will be adding support for Review Extensions in the UI soon.Google Launches the Beta of AdWords Review Extensions!,