Google has launched a new website that offers an extensive set of Google Media Tools for journalists & media outlets. All the tools are neatly assembled into one place.
On the launch, Google said, "Starting point to tap into Google’s suite of digital tools that can enhance news gathering and exposure across television, radio, print and online".
The website has six categories:
- Gather and Organize: Users can access Google Trends, Google Drive, and Consumer Surveys from the page
- Engage: Includes overviews of how use Hangouts On Air, Google+, and YouTube with links to the Google Authorship tools
- Visualize: The page has Google Map resources, Google Fusion Tables, and Charts
- Develop: Aimed at developers in journalism, the page has number of tools including Developer Academy, Google App Engine, tools for Android developers, information on YouTube Partnerships, and Google Web Toolkit
- Publish: Offers users ways to increase their reach & also the insights on how Google Image Searches and Google News work. A link on how journalists can use Google Analytics is also provided in the Publish category.
- Additional Resources: Includes Google Transparency Reports, information on Google Politics & Elections, and Google Crisis Response.
Tips, overview, and Getting started links are also provided for each tool. Googler Daniel Sieberg has mentioned in his Google+ post that the Google Media Tools website was unveiled at Google+ for Media: ATL Summit.Google Launches Media Tools Website for Media Outlets & Journalists!,