On 24th February 2012 the ‘Farmer Update’ or the Panda Update rolled out by Google turned one. The one year anniversary of Google’s most discussed algorithm updates has sent many webmasters down the year-long memory lane. Recent figures and surveys reveal that after a year only 13% webmasters have confirmed to be fully recovered from the Panda slap. The rest are still making changes to come back in SERPs.
Search Engine Land and BlueGlass put together a really informative infographic on the one year journey of Panda:
The help thread at Google Webmaster Help has accumulated more than 8500 posts with cries of help from webmasters. Google has several times given out information on what sites need to do to be safe from the Panda-to post quality/original/informative/relevant content and link from reputed sites.
PageTraffic Buzz has followed the Panda closely and we have covered every major occurrence related to the algorithmic update. Here is the Panda Timeline:
- February 24th- Farmer update was rolled out.
- April 11th- Panda 2.0 was rolled for English sites.
- May-August- Panda 2.1 to 2.4 were rolled out.
- September 28th- Panda 2.5 was rolled out
- October- Google made some tweaks in the algorithm.
- October 19/20th- Panda 2.5.3 was brought out.
- November 18th- Panda 3.1 was rolled in the month of November 2011
- January 15th 2012- Panda 3.2 was implemented by Google.
Your site, if hit by the Panda, has recovered yet or not? Share your Panda story with us.Google Panda Turns One!,