According to Google Webmaster Central Blog, after numerous requests from Webmasters to integrate Webmaster Tools for third-parties, Google has finally released Webmaster Tools API, a tool that integrates API (Application Programming Interface) into Webmaster Tools. The debut version of the Google Webmaster Tools API supports the following features:
- Retrieve a list of your sites in Webmaster Tools.
- Add your sites to Webmaster Tools.
- Verify your sites in Webmaster Tools.
- Remove your sites from Webmaster Tools.
Working with Sitemaps:
- Retrieve a list of your submitted Sitemaps.
- Add Sitemaps to Webmaster Tools.
- Remove Sitemaps from Webmaster Tools.
As of now, the Webmaster Tools API offers a limited subset of all the functionality that Webmaster Tools provide. However, as this is the initial phase of the Webmaster Tools API, there are going to be a lot of updates and improvements for certain.
For all those Webmasters who are interested in this tool and would like to make the best out of it, here is the link to Developer's Guide for the Webmaster Tools Data API. Check out the guide and get on with more improvisations.