Google has extended its beta program allowing Indian publishers to get paid through wire transfer over the earlier mode of check payments.
Google announced in the official AdSense forum that the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payment system is very soon coming up for the Indian publishers. Following a 3 months beta period of testing the EFT payment system, which started in December 2013, Google has finally made it official that it will be replacing the cheque payment with US dollar international wire transfer.
Google goes into the details of how publishers can switch to the new mode by providing guidelines on AdSense payment via wire transfer:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Choose “Payment” in the gear icon on the upper left corner.
- Click on Payment Settings followed by “Add New Bank Account”.
- Enter your account details.
- Save and select Wire Transfer as the new payment method.
EFT payments will be made in US dollars and the bank will charge a nominal fee and favorable exchange rates on these transactions. The publishers who participated in the beta testing reported a minimal fee of Rs. 56/- to Rs. 110/- which is approximately equal to $0.90 to $1.78.
The service will get activated from the next cycle and the publishers will receive a notification about it. Those who want to receive their latest payment by EFT can put a self hold to their account before 16 March, 6 am IST. Google recommends that to put a self hold to your AdSense payment you can:
- Log in to your AdSense account.
- Choose “Payments” in the “Settings” icon.
- Click on “Payment Settings”.
- Select “Edit Self Hold” option and tick mark on the check box saying “Hold Payments”
- Make sure to finish it off by clicking on the “Apply” button.
To be on the safe side, Google will initially credit a small amount in your account in order to verify the genuineness of the account. You can also find additional information on setting up wire transfer payments in Google Help Center.Google Rolls Out EFT Payment System to Indian AdSense Publishers!,