Google's initial November changes had everyone worried to say the least. At the start of the month there were many scary changes in Google's SERPs and, as was acknowledged by Matt Cutts of Google on a thread at WebmasterWorld, this was caused by a bug of some form. Fortunately, Google soon made the requisite updates and the problem was settled for the time being.
However, Google has again made some changes to it's Search in the middle of the month. The following are some of the changes noticed and reported at Webmaster World lately:
- The yo-yo effect or at least symptoms of the same is being experienced by some
- Google is apparently giving more weight to the meta-description tags and H2 tags
- The site command is apparently showing a higher number of pages then they had been showing in the past.
- Some have reported pages being dropped out of Google
- Google is apparently mixing up caches
- A reasonable increase in the 404 errors in the Webmaster tools