A few weeks ago, Google had launched a preview of their new Webmaster Tools interface. In response, they received a lot of constructive feedback such as:
- Missing option to switch listing 25, 50, or 100 rows in features such as links to your site. Although, Google didn't add the option back but increased default to 100.
- Differences between top search query information of the old and new version. Google had expected this as they went through a lot of re-engineering to improve their new top search queries backend. They reviewed many of the issues posted on Google's forum and verified that new backend is accurate and reliable.
- Even, the downloaded and indexed Sitemaps URL counts differed between the two versions. Google has quickly solved this issue.
- There is also difference between the old and new user interface (UI) since the new UI shows the original anchor as it is linked on the web.
- Only 5 sites are being listed in the new site switcher, which is a limiting factor for a person who manages a large number of sites. Google has promised to look into this matter and solve it as soon-as-possible.
However, Google also announced that from now onwards, only the new user interface will be available. Apart, from fixing some of the issues users addressed, Google launched a new feature – Change of Address. This feature will inform Google when you are moving from one domain to another, which will allow to update Google's index faster and creating a smoother transition for your users.