For most link builders, international link building poses many challenges such as language and cultural barriers. In addition, they also need to effectively target their audiences for a better impact on the search engine. For international link building you need to have a strong analytical ability, since the links you're building are international for you but they are local for the market you're targeting.
Garrent French in one of his blogs has listed quite a many valid points that one need to know to understand international link building better:
- Identifying Your International SERPs Competitors Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Link builders should understand the competitive search landscape to make efficient, targeted link search decisions.
- Prospecting for International Link Opportunities Ã¢â‚¬â€œ To get all the link prospects link builders need to analyze top occurring sites for a keyword space and exporting applicable backlinks.
- Qualifying International Link Opportunities Ã¢â‚¬â€œ There are basically 7 qualifiers for the consideration of the link building community such as country code top level domain, prospective page located within country folder, Geo-location based on IP address of site, site language, physical address posted on site, physical address of owner and prospect's backlink profile includes geographically related sites.
- Acquiring International Links Ã¢â‚¬â€œ As we know that there are two different categories for link opportunities. Firstly, existing link opportunities like directories for submission, relevant conversations to join in comment thread to get a link. Then there are content based link building opportunities, where link builders analyze links from target sites, creates better content and then get in touch with all the people who linked to competing content and request a link.
- More International Link Building and SEO Resources
Read more at: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog/the-international-link-building-guide.html