The Inside AdWords official blog announces the improved and better Ad Preview Tool.
- To find out the same as results that a man in Toronto, Canada gets when he searches for "flowers" in www.google.ca, you can type the same parameters into the Ad Preview Tool. Google will show you the exact search results page you would see if you were actually in Toronto.
- Besides, you can use the Ad Preview Tool without accruing extra impressions for your ads. Feel free to try as many keyword and location combinations as you'd like, and watch your ads as they travel across the country and around the world.
Google AdWords Help Center explains how the Preview tool knows how to showyour keyword-targeted ads, read on.
With AdWords, you can target your ads to countries or territories, or to specific regions and cities. When someone enters your keyword on Google, the AdWords system uses several factors to determine whether to show your ad:
- We consider the Google domain being used (.fr, .de, .kr, etc.). If a user visits Google.fr, the Google domain for France, she'll see ads targeted to France, regardless of her current location.
- We analyze the actual search query the user submits on Google. If someone enters a search query that contains a recognizable city or region, we may show related regionally or custom-targeted ads. For example, if someone searches for New York plumbers, we may show relevant ads targeted to New York, regardless of the user's physical location.
- When possible, we determine the user's physical region based upon the Internet Protocol (IP) address. This applies to regionally or custom-targeted ads and to any ads that show on Google.com.
Regional and custom-targeted ads: If someone searches for plumbers from a New York area IP address, we may display ads targeted to New York, even though New York wasn't in the search query.
Ads that show on Google.com: Unlike country-specific Google domains (such as Google.fr), we consider a user's IP address for ads that show on Google.com. For example, if a user with an Australian IP address visits Google.com, we'll display ads targeted to Australia, even though the user isn't accessing Google.com.au.
For more information, read Inside Adwords.