In Defense Of SEO Industry

Jan 11, 2007 | 1,739 views | by Navneet Kaushal
VN:F [1.9.20_1166]
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)

Lately there have been comments from ShoeMoney regarding SEO which were perceived as extremely derogatory by some.  According to  ShoeMoney, 95% of SEO is very easy and it is the only remaining 5% which actually requires brainstorming. He said that though SEO is not trash but it is given lot of importance by people although they can get ranks by a domain and url. SEO companies are not bullshit but there have been people who know very less about  SEO and still rule the SERPs.

To counter the statements of ShoeMoney, Oilman spoke in the defense of SEO. Oilman has given a list of the 95% easy and not so useful SEO tactics which include:

Title Tags
Meta Description Tags
Meta Keyword Tags
ALT Tags
H1, H2, H3 (and accompanying CSS)
Keywords in the content
Internal Links (images vs. text (keyword rich)

The 5% difficult and useful SEO tactics are “URL Structure (the fixing thereof):
 
Advanced Linking
Appropriate Cloaking (er…IP Delivery)
Dynamic Template Modification
Analytics (I mean useful measurable numbers)
Client Management (agency life)

SEO is easy for the SEO professionals as they live, breathe and sleep it. It very easy for them to do any kind of SEO tasks but for the rest of online world, SEO is not their cup of tea. It's a little less than rocket science to them and they will just pay their bills once you give them the desired results. SEO might be very easy for ShoeMoney but not for rest of the world. That is where the SEO companies come in.

4.thumbnail In Defense Of SEO Industry

Navneet Kaushal

Navneet Kaushal is the founder and CEO of PageTraffic, an SEO Agency in India with offices in Chicago, Mumbai and London. A leading search strategist, Navneet helps clients maintain an edge in search engines and the online media. Navneet's expertise has established PageTraffic as one of the most awarded and successful search marketing agencies.
4.thumbnail In Defense Of SEO Industry
4.thumbnail In Defense Of SEO Industry