Latest Social Media Trends in India!

Mar 19, 2013 | 3,144 views | by Navneet Kaushal
VN:F [1.9.20_1166]
Rating: 5.0/5 (2 votes cast)

Finally, IAMAI  (Internet & Mobile Association of India) has published its report on Social Media in India 2012. The first quarter of 2013 is almost over, and we were truly wondering when we are going to have all the interesting data and reports for last year. 

SM1 Latest Social Media Trends in India!

Overview of Social Media in India

SM2 Latest Social Media Trends in India!

It is amazing that email still tops the list which 80% Usage and social media comes second with 72%. With all the curves shifting in favor of social media we really expected social media to top the list. 

SM3 Latest Social Media Trends in India!

Young men, college going students and school going students are the most active people on social media. The fact that women are less active on social media comes as a surprise to everyone. 

SM4 Latest Social Media Trends in India!

Cheers for Facebook yet again! Facebook is used by 97% of those active on social media. Actually where are the rest 3% going we would really like to know. Google+ comes second with 34% a clear indicator that its popularity is on the rise. Ibibo gets 6% of the share, that is not bad either for an Indian social media website. 

There are many more interesting facts published in this report, such as:

  • Social media users in urban India to reach 66mn by June
  • People spend close to 30 minutes everyday on social media.
  • 77 percent of the users use mobile for social media.

For in-depth knowledge into social media trends in India for the year 2012 checkout this report.

Latest Social Media Trends in India!, 5.0 out of 5 based on 2 ratings
4.thumbnail Latest Social Media Trends in India!

Navneet Kaushal

Navneet Kaushal is the founder and CEO of PageTraffic, an SEO Agency in India with offices in Chicago, Mumbai and London. A leading search strategist, Navneet helps clients maintain an edge in search engines and the online media. Navneet's expertise has established PageTraffic as one of the most awarded and successful search marketing agencies.
4.thumbnail Latest Social Media Trends in India!
4.thumbnail Latest Social Media Trends in India!