When it comes to search marketing, utilizing SEO techniques to optimize the indexing and presence of PDF, as well as other document types comes across as inevitable. However, it is more important for businesses which have their online documents in PDF format. For example, restaurants which use PDF for menus or ebook and whitepaper publishers who utilize online PDF documents for marketing campaigns.
Besides, naming a PDF document properly, there are other tactics that can be utilized to SEO Adobe PDFs. AcrobatUsers.com is hosting a free PDF SEO eSeminar on Wednesday, August 19, 2009. The eSeminar will give you tips on how to optimize PDF files for display and distribution on the web and how to best structure PDF files for SEO.
Not only can you make your PDFs easily viewable by people but you can also ensure that Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines index your PDFs, present the search results description intelligently and use the PDF content to enhance your web site search engine rankings. Here are a few tips:
- Determine the best way to create a PDF for on-screen viewing and quick downloading
- Use PDF Optimizer to reduce the size of your PDF files for viewing on the web
- Create and share custom presets designed to balance file size with quality
- Set PDF compatibility levels
- Customize PDF output with Adobe PDF settings
- Structure your PDF files so that Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines index your PDFs, present the search results description intelligently and use the PDF content to enhance your web site search engine rankings