Google+ page owners have been requesting long for a feature that will enable them to link their Google+ page identity to YouTube channel. Their wait will be over soon as YouTube will soon be introducing a new linking feature.
Linking a Google+ page with YouTube channel has several benefits:
- It will enable page owners to add multiple managers to their channel
- Owners can choose or rename their channel & page
- The Hangouts On Air will be properly linked
- It will result in an improved video sharing to YouTube, Google+, and more
- Owners will have a YouTube tab on their page
Google+ profiles and pages are two types of Google identities and users have to choose the one which they think is right for their YouTube channel.
The feature is still in beta phase. If you want to give it a shot, YouTube Creator Blog is sharing the tutorial to get started with the process.