David Mihm has published his annual survey of SEO Experts.
This report has feedback from 33 bloggers and practitioners. There are two key areas in which it differs from previous years.
- Rather than rating the importance of particular criteria on a sliding scale of -5 → 0 → +5, this year featured a drag-and-drop numerical ranking system in an effort to make the survey results both more precise and easier for the participants to complete.
- With the introduction of Blended Place Search since last year's survey, I felt it was essential to ask participants about any possible differences they perceived between the two algorithms. Thus, responses are presented in a "split-screen" format below to allow for an easy comparison.
Main ranking factors for Google Maps/Places SEO are:
- Quality of inbound links matters.
- Write City, State in the Landing Page title.
- Verify the place page manually.
Do what David says and keep up the good rankings!