The much applauded Local Search Ranking Factors is out with a second version. The well compiled guide published by many local SEO experts are based on survey results. The survey included polling 27 local SEO experts on 49 factors. These factors are those key points which will help in local search ranking. With respect to the influence of the 49 factors on Google and Yahoo Local search algorithm participants were asked to rate its importance. As follows
The results were interesting but not surprising as it were considered in the previous version as well.
Important observations include
- Having business in the local location which is being searched helps
- Providing links in the local search algorithm has lost its importance
- Citations from major data providers, blogs or other business in the areas are becoming more important.
- The quality of links is considered more important than quantity.
- Importance of user reviews are imperative, be it negative or positive , it helps in better listing
These ratings and guidelines will provide better local search algorithm comprehension for SEOs. It will help them to improvise their tools for better business results.