Matt Cutts opens up on the SEO mistakes committed by webmasters in a recently published Webmaster video.
Here's Matt Cutts' list of top 5 common SEO mistakes:
- Not having a website or having a website, which is non-crawlable is the biggest mistake according to Cutts.
- He pointed out that Webmasters do not include the right words on the page. Giving an example, Matt explained – Instead of writing "Mt. Everest Height", webmasters should write "How high is Mt. Everest?" because this is the way how people search on the web.
- Instead of thinking about link building, focus more on writing compelling content and smart marketing tricks.
- Your most important pages must have appropriate title and description.
- Webmasters do not use webmaster resources and learn about how Google works. Moreover, they do not want to know what SEO is all about.
Matt Cutts said that these mistakes are not the most devastating ones but the most common ones conducted by webmasters.Matt Cutts Talks About Top 5 SEO Mistakes!,