Microsoft's adCenter Labs unveiled a whole array of next-generation digital advertising technologies at its fourth annual Demo Fest, which would enhance Microsoft's digital advertising programs. The new technologies showcased included the latest advances and algorithms in content analysis and computer vision for video and images, speech recognition for contextual video ads, and advanced marketing intelligence that enable enhanced audience insight and better targeting capabilities for advertisers.
Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“We believe the technical advances and intelligence we are creating at adCenter Labs can change the game of online advertising,Ă˘â‚¬Âť said Tarek Najm, technical fellow at Microsoft. Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“Solutions to todayĂ˘â‚¬â„˘s challenges must be capable of handling and understanding the complexity of vast amounts of data. To address that challenge, we are developing advertising algorithms that can anticipate and understand consumer behavior faster than the speed of thought, so that we can help advertisers create more efficient and relevant user experiences.Ă˘â‚¬Âť
There were in total seven demos featured at the event:
- Air Wave: The Air Wave technology creates a Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“fourth screenĂ˘â‚¬Âť experience beyond the TV, PC and mobile phone to enable advertisers to engage consumers outside of the home in public places such as an airport or a shopping mall. The interactive, multitouch screen display enables consumers to play games or interact with advertisements to receive coupons or product information. If the users make use of a webcam, they can virtually check out products such as sunglasses.
- Contextual Ads for Video: By making use of speech recognition, this technology allows ads to be dynamically served, based on the content discussed in the video. For instance, if you had a video on gardening, ads related to gardening or lawn improvement would be served in an adjacent text-based ad as the video played. With this kind of advertising, the consumers can be targeted, while they are at the point of consideration.
- Intelligent Bug Ads: This technology balances the interests of advertisers as well as the target audience by locating nonintrusive frames in a video in which to place ads. It uses computer vision algorithm to calculate the least intrusive spot in the video, and places the ad in the video where it is least likely to interfere with the consumerĂ˘â‚¬â„˘s viewing experience.
- Visual Product Browsing: Vision algorithms are utilized to browse and categorize images as humans might, without the aid for manual data tagging. This means that online shoppers could use this technology to visually browse categorized images of products such as lamps and then narrow their search to find Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“more like thisĂ˘â‚¬Âť options through physical and visual characteristics such as the productĂ˘â‚¬â„˘s height, depth and width. It enables enhanced targeting capabilities, for advertisers who are trying to better understand user intent and preferences.
- Content Analysis Engine: Advanced algorithms are used to automatically extract and categorize information from search queries and Web page contents to better understand user intent and minimize search engine marketing complexity. Marketers can use this technology to discover valuable keywords relevant to their category or to bid on categories, such as digital cameras, instead of managing each individual keyword associated with a category.
- Content Detection in Sub-documents: This technology identifies sensitive or unsuitable content such as pornography, weapons or negative sentiments that advertisers would not likely want to be associated with, and automatically blocks contextual ads related to that content.
- Ad Research Dashboard: The dashboard builds on the success of the Keyword Services Platform (KSP) introduced at Demo Fest last year. It takes up a central place within adCenter and provides marketers with access to analytics and advanced algorithms that are tied to actual data sets from adCenter to help them maximize the effectiveness of their search marketing campaigns.
Recently, the AdCenter came up with tips market well through keywords, see: AdCenter: 4 Fruitful Tips To Maximize ROI Through Keyword Expansion! (http://www.pagetraffic.com/seo-blog/adcenter-4-fruitful-tips-to-maximize-roi-through-keyword-expansion/4076/).