Mobile Paid Search Spend Increases by 98% over the Previous Year!

Jul 17, 2014 | 1,214 views | by Ritu Sharma
VN:F [1.9.20_1166]
Rating: 5.0/5 (1 vote cast)

Cavario, Inc. recently released its quarterly report called “Global Paid Search Spend Analysis” for Q2 of 2014. With an increase of 98% in spend year over year and 6% increase quarter over quarter globally, the star of the findings was mobile online advertising. The mobile search advertising accounted for 25% of the total advertising spend worldwide.

Media Spend by Device Mobile Paid Search Spend Increases by 98% over the Previous Year!

The overall spend among the firm’s clients showed a 21 % increase in the 2nd quarter year over year and 2 % quarter over quarter boost.

Overall impressions decreased off 15 percent year over year, largely due to a decline in larger ad units and desktop impressions according to the study. Ad units with extensions and Product Listing Ads, increased the overall click-through rates (CTRs) to 39% year over year and click volume to 18% compared to the first quarter. The cost-per-click (CPC) saw a rise of 12 % YoY and increased 2.4 % compared to the previous quarter.

Global Paid Search Growth Mobile Paid Search Spend Increases by 98% over the Previous Year!

Mobile Traffic And Spend Climb

Mobile impressions, clicks and costs saw increases in the second quarter of 2014. Mobile cost-per-clicks remained at 43 % compared to desktop clicks and the growth fell 6% as compared to the first quarter.. Tablets accounted to 62% of mobile spend in the second quarter with the remaining 38% accredited to smartphones.

CPC Analysis Mobile Paid Search Spend Increases by 98% over the Previous Year!

Performance Based on Regions and Budget Recommendations

The Americas: Leads in the paid search spend, with the highest investments in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Chile and Brazil. The spend saw a rise in 31% year over year but was flat when compared to the first quarter. The report suggests advertisers to allocate 80% of search spend to Google and 15 to 20 % to Bing.

Europe, Middle East, Africa: EMEA witnessed a modest growth by higher CTRs and increase in click activity. The year over year spend rose to 3% and the first quarter to 5%. The report advises advertisers to plan for 10 to 15% spend increase, with 95% to Google, except in Eastern Europe and Russia, where Yandex should dominate budgets.

Asia Pacific: APAC witnessed a year over year growth of just 1%, but 6% growth compared to the previous quarter. Cost-per-clicks fell by 7% in the region, but the click volume rose to 9% and CTRs jumped to 23%. Baidu accounted for 25% of the overall APAC PPC market share. Google got 69% and South Korea’s search engine Naver received 4% of the total ad spend. The report suggests to increase the budget to 10 to 15% for the later half of the year.

You can download the full report here.

Mobile Paid Search Spend Increases by 98% over the Previous Year!, 5.0 out of 5 based on 1 rating
24.thumbnail Mobile Paid Search Spend Increases by 98% over the Previous Year!
Ritu from PageTraffic is a qualified Google Adwords Professional and Content Head at PageTraffic. She has been the spear head for many successful Search Marketing Campaigns and currently overseas Content Marketing operations of Page Traffic in India.