The United States Patent and Trademark office has recently patented Google's mobile search blend. This application mainly focuses on mobile pages and mobile search. The patent proves the differentiation between mobile search and generic search.
Key points of patent:
- With the use of different scoring formulas, the mobile search results quality scores and the generic search result quality scores were generated.
- Based on different terms in search query, the search query is classified as a mobile query.
- According to Google, only by the keywords they would be able to know whether you are on a mobile device or not.
- The search service also directs this query to the mobile search engine (step 230).
- The algorithm and formula to calculate the mobile search engine is different from the formula of generic search engine. Mobile search engine ranks the mobile search results as per the search result quality scores(step 245).
In this application Google has used different formulas for generating mobile search result quality scores which itself proves that generic search results are completely different from mobile search. This application proves that there is a different search engine index for mobile queries. This patent not only proves that mobile search engine is different from generic search engine but it also proves that mobile search engines have different priorities in ranking, which means that mobile pages rank would be different from generic pages rank.
Now after this patent, it has become important for all the companies to develop unique pages for mobile devices as well. Companies have to design specific pages as per the configuration of mobile phones. The pages have to be made with crisp and concise information.Mobile Search Blend patented by Google!,