Rusty Brick says, "The ad filter tool allows a publisher to specify which advertisers they do not want to show up on their site. It was specifically designed to help you block competitors for displaying on your site, but is now used to block "MFAs." The problem for many publishers is that as time goes on, they run out of room and they need more than 200 lines to add to their block list. MFAs keep appearing and that is just the nature of the business.
In 5 simple ways, one can Employ the services of Competitive Ad Filter
- To edit your competitive ad filter, log in to your AdSense account at https://www.google.com/adsense.
- Click the AdSense Setup tab. A row of links will appear beneath the tabs -Ã‚Â click Competitive Ad Filter. This page will display the URLs currently being filtered for your account. If this is the first time you've used your filter, the text box will be empty.
- Choose the appropriate product sub-tab and click Add / Edit Sites.
- Copy the URL from the ad into your filter list. There are a couple of ways to find this URL – both methods are described in detail below.
- Click Save Changes to add these sites to your competitive ad filter. It usually takes about 4 hours for your changes to take effect, so you'll continue to see ads for these sites on your pages for a little while. If filtered ads are still appearing after 48 hours, please contact us.
Google has not yet commented officially on whether they can accommodate over 200 URLs or not.