Guillaume on SEOmoz has written a interesting post on 24 On-site SEO Checkups For Clueless Developers/Marketers.
The list of SEO on-site tips touches up the basics. However, Guillaume has rightly said that manty SEO consultants and web developers forget these basics at the time of launching a site. The twenty four tips will for sure ensure that any link building or link baiting effort gives maximum results.
Some of the tips are:
- Run a $100 Adwords test campaign after your initial keyword research, helping you do the best themed/relevant keywords on-site optimisation.
- Ensure there is a well written, non-duplicated attractive Title / Description tags on every page.
- Verify that almost every single piece of relevant content on your site is somehow static to the page it was written for and is not a text image (double check that with a text browser).
- Revise the On-page content to be sure there is a minimum presence of your themed keywords on every page. Don't try to go overboard, just think as if you'd be the user.
- Double check your code to make sure you've got your content titles and subtitles under H1 / H2 tags.
On-Site Search Engine Optimization Checkups/Tips ,
Take a look at the complete list.