Main Highlights are:
- Matt recommends the SEO Title Plugin to swap the name of the blog title with the name of the post titles.
- Use Alt attributes while blogging and with photos.
- Google does not care about the number of slashes in a URL (blog/title/date/#)Ã¢â‚¬Â¦. [but Yahoo does]
- File extensions in the URL wonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t affect rankings (.php, .html, .htm, .asp, .aspx, .jsp), just donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t use .exe
- Underscores in URLs are now (or at least very soon to be) treated as word separators by Google. Beforehand, underscores and hyphens were not counted as such. Now, the underscore AND the hyphen have the same word separator value.
- If you want to get into Google News, secure multiple authors.
For more White hat SEO tips for bloggers, read WordPress.