There's a possibility that your YouTube account URL is not quite in line with your brand. The reason being, it was created years ago and now your business has turned out into something else.
Earlier, the only option was to create a new account with a URL that suits your business. But, that would require you to undo all the work done in the years to build YouTube followers.
YouTube has announced that it will be sending out emails & notifications to all the users who have qualified for an opportunity to claim a new URL for their account. Some potential URLs will be suggested to the account holders on the basis of the description of their channel, Google identity, and the websites that are associated with their YouTube account. After picking a new URL, all the subscribers will be automatically redirected, if they try to access the account via the old URL.
However, account holders need to be careful because the URL cannot be changed once it is created.
To get notification, you have to meet YouTube's eligibility requirements, which include:
- 500 or more subscribers
- Channel is at least 30 days old
- Channel has uploaded a photo for channel icon
- Channel has uploaded channel art
Also, you can get custom URL after linking and verifying your website with your YouTube channel or Google Plus page.
After you have received an email or notification for URL qualification on the Creator Studio dashboard, here are the steps to perform to get custom URL:
- Click on the link provided with the "Get a new custom URL" notification
- You will be redirected to claim a new URL
- You will see all the custom URLs you have been approved for and these cannot be changed. You can ask a few letters or numbers to make the URL unique
- Click on te box next to "I agree to the Terms of Service" and click Change URL in the bottom left corner
- The URL will be linked to both YouTube and G+ identity. Click Confirm choice, when you are certain to go with the chosen URL
Once you have created a new custom URL, be ready to reap more benefits.Now Pick a YouTube URL that Reflects your Channel Name!,