Being featured in the Google+'s “What's hot and recommended” is an achievement and helps in gaining the ever needed exposure. Sadly, there is no guidebookon how to increase the popularity of a post on Google+.
'What's hot and recommended' on Google+ is a list of trending posts, video shares, photo shares and links to other websites. To reach this page click on “Explore” button on the left navigation bar. On the Explore page you will be able to see “What's hot and recommended”. This is not a random list, it is based on people you follow, posts you +1, shares you make as well as comments posted by you. Many users have experienced an increase in the traffic on their site when their post is featured on the “What's hot and recommended” page.
How to make a post “hot and recommended” on Google Plus
- The post should be interesting as well as eye catching. A post which has a picture or a video along with it, is shared more often. If you explore the “What's hot and recommended” posts, you will realise that very the posts without video or photo on this page are very few.
- A post that has larger number of comments, reshares and +1s has a greater chance of being fetaure on this page in Google+. It seems that shares receive maximum weight, next in line is comments and the third priority is given to +1s.
- After the post is updated on Google+, you can expect it to reach the “What's hot and recommended” page in the first hour. If it hasn't been featured in the first hour, then the chances are slim.
- Ensure that the profile you are posting from is verified. Google gives much more preferences to verified profiles as compared to profiles that are not verified.
- It seems that Google's algorithm includes an Author Rank measuring system. This system takes into account the kind of articles one has written in the past and whether they have been shared or not on Google+. This information is used to identify whether an author has knowledge on the topic he has been positing.
Google+ definitely has our attention. We will come back soon with more insights on Google+. Stay posted.How To Make Your Post 'Hot And Recommended' On Google+!,