To begin with, Google Analytics will have a new look next week. Secondly, it will have a new set of reports called "Real Time." This was just announced by Google and the reports will be under the 'Dashboard' tab and will show you what’s happening on your site as it happens!
What Will The Real Time Reports Show?
According to Google, the Analytics Real Time will tell you-
- Number of Visits per minute
- Number of active visitors on the site per minute
- The Location of visitors
- Sources sending the traffic
- The Keywords that brought the visitors
The real time reports will have a lot to tell big websites or even blogs, as they see a lot of activity.
How Will The Real Time Reports Help You?
You can use these real time reports to-
- Measure social media impact: You can get an immediate insight into how your social media campaign is going. As Google said, “Whenever we put out a new blog post, we also send out a tweet. With Real-Time, I can see the immediate impact to my site traffic. For example, last week we posted about the latest episode of Web Analytics TV and also tweeted about the post. By campaign tagging the links we shared, we could see how much traffic each channel is driving to the blog as it happened. We could also see when we stopped receiving visits from the tweet, which helps know when to reengage.”
- Ad Campaign measurement: You can also use Real-Time to ensure that the campaign tracking is implemented in the right manner, just prior to launching a campaign. Real-Time reports tell you within minutes if the data you are getting in Google Analytics is actually what you want. This will let you verify the effectiveness of the ad, while rolling out your campaign.
These Real-Time reports are available in the new Analytics and are in the Dashboards tab. The Dashboard will soon be moved to the Home tab (remember the new interface being launched next week?). Google has also made it clear that Real-Time does not support profile filters.
When Will Real Time Be Out And Pick Up Speed:
According to Google, it is a one to two weeks wait before the complete roll out of Real Time reports. For those who want to sign up now can do it here.